BURBANK CITY COUNCIL
Burbank is a charter city with a Council-Manager form of government. The City Council serves as the elected legislative and policy-making body of the City of Burbank, enacting all laws and directing any actions necessary to provide for the general welfare of the community through appropriate program, services and activities.
The City Council meets every Tuesday of each month starting at 5:00 P.M. for Closed Session and continuing at 6:00 P.M., in the Council Chambers, Burbank City Hall, 275 East Olive Avenue, Burbank, California.
There is an individual e-mail link to each Council Member on their webpage (above) or
click here to send an e-mail to all Council Members at once.
The Goals of the City Council are to:
- To insure that the city retains a sense of community and quality of life characterized by permanent residency in neat, well maintained and attractive single and multi-family neighborhoods suitable for all ages and socio-economic groups.
- To provide and further enhance a strong economic base by encouraging quality and clean retail commercial and industrial development that is compatible within a community of homes.
- To provide cost effective, quality safety services and facilities that result in the provision of a safe environment, so that citizens are secure in pursuing their professional and personal activities.
- To provide and enhance the high level of leisure, information and other human services available to Burbank citizens.
- To enhance the role of the City as a leader in the effort to protect the environment and preserve our natural resources while continuing to provide and enhance the essential public works and infrastructure of the City.
- To provide municipal government leadership which is open and responsive to its residential and corporate constituents and is characterized by stability, confidence in the future and cooperative interaction among civic leaders, residents, business people and City staff, while recognizing and respecting legitimate differences of opinions on critical issues facing the City.
- To operate the City government in a fiscally and managerially responsible and prudent manner.
Inviting a Council Member(s) to an event?
To invite a Council Member(s) to your event, please fax (818-238-5757) or mail the information to the City Council Office; 275 East Olive Avenue; Burbank, CA 91502.
Please include the date, time and location of the event, a contact person and their phone number. If you would like a Council Member to speak at the event, include specific details. We'll be in contact with you within 2 weeks of receiving your request.
Burbank City Hall Tours
Burbank City Hall exemplifies the architecture of the 1940’s. It has been photographed, studied, and filmed for many years. In 1996, Burbank City Hall was placed on the National Register as well as the California Register of Historical Resources. From the bas relief sculptures to the large murals adorning its walls, the building is truly a tribute to the craftsmen who built it. For further information regarding group tours of the building, please contact the Community Assistance Coordinator at (818) 238-5795.