Your Journey Begins at the City Clerk’s Office
Burbank’s Passport Acceptance Facility!
City of Burbank - City Clerk's Office
Monday through Friday: 8:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Closed Weekends and Holidays
** MUST READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION PRIOR TO SCHEDULING AN APPOINTMENT**
- All applicants must appear in person
- Photo Service available - $12
- Standard Passport is received in Approximately 6 - 8 weeks
- Expedited Passport is received in Approximately 2-3 weeks at an additional cost of $60
- Overnight mailing fee from this facility to the Passport Agency $23.75
- All forms are available at travel.state.gov or at the City Clerk’s Office (please arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment if you need to fill out the form)
- Fees – two separate payments are required.
- Application fee - Check or money order made payable to the U.S. Department of State; No cash
- $25 Facility Execution fee and/or $12 photo fee – Cash, money order or cashier's check payable to the City of Burbank.
- Credit Cards are not accepted for payment of any fees for passport services.
- Renewals will not be processed at the City of Burbank if the applicant meets the requirements for renewal by mail.
- If you cannot complete the renewal form and assistance is needed, you can choose to fill out form DS-11, which our facility will execute. You will incur the $25 execution fee.
To avoid delay or rescheduling, please bring the following documentation to your appointment:
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship: Previously issued U.S. Passpor; Certified Birth Certificate; Original Certificate of Naturalization; Original Certificate of Citizenship; Consular Report of Birth Abroad. (NOTE: California-Texas abstracts and Hospital Birth Certificates are not acceptable). All originals must be submitted and are returned by mail from the U.S. Department of State upon the processing of your application
- NOTE: Effective January 9, 2017 - Required photocopies of Primary U.S. Citizenship Evidence. All customers applying for a passport using form DS-11 must submit a clear copy of their citizenship evidence in addition to their original or certified copy of U.S. citizenship.
- The photocopy is required of primary U.S. citizenship evidence such as a certified birth certificate, naturalization certificate, consular report of birth abroad, and certificate of citizenship.
- Customers who submit an expired U.S. passport book or passport card as citizenship evidence do not need to submit a photocopy.
- Photocopies: Must be legible; Must be on white 8.5”x11” standard paper; Must be copied using black ink; and, Cannot be double-side.
- Customers can also submit a second certified copy of their citizenship evidence in place of a photocopy. The second certified copy or photocopy will be retained by the Department of State.
- Customers who do not submit a photocopy or second certified copy of their citizenship evidence may experience a delay in the processing of their passport application.
- Valid Photo Identification
- Unsigned Application form(s)
- One passport photo taken in the last 6 months
- Passport Fees (Check or money order only Payable to the U.S. Department of State for the application; cash, money order or cashier's check payable to the City of Burbank for the execution fee)
Passports for Minors:
NOTE: Additional documentation required. See link below.
Please click link for Special requirements to apply/renew applications for minors under the age of 16,
- Both Parents and Minors must be present when applying
- Evidence of Parental relationship is needed
- If a parent cannot be present, a DS-3053 Statement of Consent form and a clear copy of the non-appearing parent’s ID (front and back) is required
Please click link for Special requirements to apply/renew applications for minors age 16 and 17.
- One Parent and Minor must be present when applying
Book your appointment now - CLICK HERE
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Expedited Processing takes three weeks at an additional cost of $60
- Lost or Stolen Passports
- Passport Changes or Amendments
- View a complete list of current passport fees
- How do I apply
If traveling within 14 days or sooner, please contact the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778
Photo Passport Eye Glasses Requirement:
Beginning November 1, 2016, customers must remove their eye glasses when taking a photo for a U.S. passport - Customers may wear glasses only in rare circumstances of medical necessity, and should obtain a signed statement from a medical professional or health practitioner (such as a surgeon or ophthalmologist) in these cases.
Per the U.S. State Department's Bureau of Consular Affairs, this current list of non-refundable fees for passport services include an application fee (payable to the U.S. Department of State by personal check, money order or bank draft only - no cash may be accepted for the U.S. Department of State's portion). In addition there is an execution fee of $25 (payable to the City of Burbank by cash, money order or cashier's check).
Please call us if we can be of further assistance. 818-238-5851