Your Journey Begins at the City Clerk’s Office
Burbank’s Passport Acceptance Facility!
City of Burbank - City Clerk's Office
Monday through Friday: 8:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Closed Weekends and Holidays
** MUST READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION PRIOR TO SCHEDULING AN APPOINTMENT**
- All applicants must appear in person
- Photo Service available - $12
- Standard Passport is received in Approximately 6 weeks
- Expedited Passport is received in Approximately 2-3 weeks at an additional cost of $60
- Overnight mailing fee from this facility to the Passport Agency $23.75
- All forms are available at travel.state.gov or at the City Clerk’s Office (please arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment if you need to fill out the form)
- Fees – two separate payments are required.
- Application fee - Check or money order made payable to the U.S. Department of State; No cash
- $25 Facility Execution fee and/or $12 photo fee – Cash, money order or cashier's check payable to the City of Burbank.
- Credit Cards are not accepted for payment of any fees for passport services.
- Renewals will not be processed at the City of Burbank if the applicant meets the requirements for renewal by mail.
- If you cannot complete the renewal form and assistance is needed, you can choose to fill out form DS-11, which our facility will execute. You will incur the $25 execution fee.
To avoid delay or rescheduling, please bring the following documentation to your appointment:
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship (Previously issued U.S. Passport; Certified Birth Certificates (California-Texas abstracts and Hospital Birth Certificates are not acceptable), Original Certificate of Naturalization; Original Certificate of Citizenship; Consular Report of Birth Abroad. All originals must be submitted and are returned by mail from the U.S. Department of State upon the processing of your application
- NOTE: Effective January 9, 2017 - Required photocopies of Primary U.S. Citizenship Evidence. All customers applying for a passport using form DS-11 must submit a clear copy of their citizenship evidence in addition to their original or certified copy of U.S. citizenship.
- The photocopy is required of primary U.S. citizenship evidence such as a certified birth certificate, naturalization certificate, consular report of birth abroad, and certificate of citizenship.
- Customers who submit an expired U.S. passport book or passport card as citizenship evidence do not need to submit a photocopy.
- Photocopies: Must be legible; Must be on white 8.5”x11” standard paper; Must be copied using black ink; and, Cannot be double-side.
- Customers can also submit a second certified copy of their citizenship evidence in place of a photocopy. The second certified copy or photocopy will be retained by the Department of State.
- Customers who do not submit a photocopy or second certified copy of their citizenship evidence may experience a delay in the processing of their passport application.
- Valid Photo Identification
- Unsigned Application form(s)
- One passport photo taken in the last 6 months
- Passport Fees (Check or money order only Payable to the U.S. Department of State for the application; cash, money order or cashier's check payable to the City of Burbank for the execution fee)
Passports for Minors:
NOTE: Additional documentation required. See link below.
Please click link for Special requirements to apply/renew applications for minors under the age of 16,
- Both Parents and Minors must be present when applying
- Evidence of Parental relationship is needed
- If a parent cannot be present, a DS-3053 Statement of Consent form and a clear copy of the non-appearing parent’s ID (front and back) is required
Please click link for Special requirements to apply/renew applications for minors age 16 and 17.
- One Parent and Minor must be present when applying
Book your appointment now - CLICK HERE
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Expedited Processing takes three weeks at an additional cost of $60
- Lost or Stolen Passports
- Passport Changes or Amendments
- View a complete list of current passport fees
- How do I apply
If traveling within 14 days or sooner, please contact the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778
Photo Passport Eye Glasses Requirement:
Beginning November 1, 2016, customers must remove their eye glasses when taking a photo for a U.S. passport - Customers may wear glasses only in rare circumstances of medical necessity, and should obtain a signed statement from a medical professional or health practitioner (such as a surgeon or ophthalmologist) in these cases.
Per the U.S. State Department's Bureau of Consular Affairs, this current list of non-refundable fees for passport services include an application fee (payable to the U.S. Department of State by personal check, money order or bank draft only - no cash may be accepted for the U.S. Department of State's portion). In addition there is an execution fee of $25 (payable to the City of Burbank by cash, money order or cashier's check).
Please call us if we can be of further assistance. 818-238-5851