In March 2017, an application was submitted for a new mixed-use project consisting of multi-family residential, commercial retail, and hotel uses. The project site is located at 777 N. Front Street along the easterly side of N. Front Street between Burbank Boulevard and the Magnolia Boulevard overcrossing. The project site is approximately 6.77 acres and is surrounded by commercial and industrial zones, including the Burbank Center Commercial Manufacturing (BCCM) zone, North San Fernando Commercial (NSFC) zone, General Industrial (M-2) zone, and Planned Development (PD) zones. The Interstate 5 Freeway is to the north east and the Downtown Burbank Metrolink Station is located south west of the project site. The subject property is located in the Burbank Center Plan with a land use designation of Mixed Commercial/Office/Industrial and a zoning designation of Auto Dealership (AD).
The project proposes to construct:
- Two, 8-story buildings with a total of 572 residential units (660,936 square feet) and 1,067 square feet of commercial retail space;
- One, 15-story building containing 317 hotel rooms (194,881 square feet); and
- A total of 1,462 parking spaces in an integrated parking structure with one level of subterranean parking and up to 7-levels of above grade parking.
Discretionary approvals being requested:
- An amendment to the Burbank Center Specific Plan to change the current land use designation of the project site from "Mixed Commercial/Office/Industrial" to "Mixed Commercial/Office/Residential";
- A Zoning Map amendment to rezone the project site from Auto Dealership (AD) to a Planned Development (PD);
- Development Review for the new buildings and improvements proposed;
- A Development Agreement; and
- A Tentative Map to subdivide the property.
Please click on any of the following links to view available project plans currently under review. These materials are subject to change as the project continues through the development review process.
- Aerial of Project Site
- Context Aerial Rendering
- Site Plans
- Concept Renderings
- Façade Finish Materials
- Overall Building Sections
- Residential Unit Configurations
- Hotel Room Configurations
- Landscape Plans
Upcoming Public Meetings
The project will be heard at the following public meeting:
- None currently scheduled.
Prior Public Meetings
The following public meetings have been held for the project:
- Community Meeting and Environmental Scoping meeting - A Community Meeting and Environmental Scoping Meeting was held on April 10, 2018 in the Community Room (Room 104) on the first floor of the Community Services Building at 150 N. Third Street.
The City of Burbank, as Lead Agency, is preparing an Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for the project in accordance with the California Environmental Quality Act. The City selected Rincon Consultants, Inc. to assist in preparing all environmental compliance documents for the project.
- Notice of Preparation for an Initial Study - The City released a Notice of Preparation (NOP) and Initial Study to prepare an Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for the project. The public review/comment period ended on May 2, 2018.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information, or to get on the mailing list for upcoming meetings on the project, please contact Leonard Bechet, Senior Planner, by phone at (818) 238-5250 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.