On June 13, 2017, the City Council approved a mixed residential-commercial project in Downtown Burbank. The approval was for a Zoning Map Amendment from BCC-2, Burbank Center Commercial Limited Business, to a "Planned Development" designation, Development Review to construct three, 6-story buildings with 275 rental units in total and up to 18, 976 square feet of retail and commercial space on the ground floor.
The project site is generally located on the westerly side of North 1st Street (between 1st Street and Interstate 5), and between East Magnolia Boulevard and the alley southeast of Palm Avenue. The project site is a total of approximately 3 acres and include the following site addresses: 227, 249, 315 & 333 North 1st Street; 36, 42, 43, 52, 53, 57, 71, and 72 N. Palm Ave; and 36, 52 & 60 E. Magnolia Blvd.
Please click on any of the following links to view available project plans.
- Site Plan (overall)
- Apartment Unit Plans
- Vicinity Map, Zone Map, and Aerial Photo
- Elevations (Phase 1)
- Elevations (Phase 2)
- Elevations (Phase 3)
- First Street Frontage Detail
The project was discussed and reviewed at the the following public meetings:
- City Council Public Hearing on June 13, 2017 - Meeting agenda, staff report, and video.
- City Council Public Hearing on May 23, 2017 - Meeting agenda, staff report, and video.
- Planning Board Public Hearing on November 14, 2016 - Meeting agenda, staff report, and video.
- Planning Board Public Hearing on August 22, 2016 - Meeting agenda, staff report, and video.
- A community meeting was held on March 21, 2016 in Community Room 104 at the Community Services Building at 150 N. Third Street.
The City of Burbank, as Lead Agency, prepared an Initial Study and Mitigated Negative Declaration for the project in accordance with the California Environmental Quality Act. A copy of the document is available at the Planning Division office at 150 N. Third Street in Burbank.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information, please contact the Planning Division by phone at (818) 238-5250 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.