In July 2015, an application was submitted for the Premier on First Mixed Use Project to construct new multifamily residential units, retail, restaurants, and either a hotel or office building. The 1.8-acre site is located at 103 East Verdugo Avenue, along the easterly side of First Street between Tujunga and Verdugo Avenues. The site is surrounded by commercial zones, including the Burbank Center Commercial Limited Business (BCC-2) zone and Planned Development (PD) zones. The Marriott Residence Inn is located directly across First Street to the west. The Holiday Inn is located directly across Tujunga Avenue to the north. The Hilton Garden Inn is located directly across Verdugo Avenue to the east.
The project is proposed to be constructed in two phases:
- Phase 1 will be a 14-story mixed-use building with 154 residential units; a 7,968 square foot retail space and 1,727 square foot restaurant space at the ground level; and subterranean and podium parking garages.
- Phase 2 includes two possible development scenarios:
- Phase 2A will be a 12-13 story hotel with a maximum 230 rooms; 18,544 square foot conferencing center on the podium level and 6,601 square feet of conference rooms on the 10th floor; 4,738 square foot restaurant space and 1,156 square foot retail space on the ground floor; and subterranean parking.
- Phase 2b, alternatively, would be an 11-story building with 158,011 square feet of office space and 12,822 square feet of commercial space for retail and restaurant type uses; and subterranean and podium parking garages.
Discretionary approvals being requested:
- A Zoning Map amendment from BCC-2, Burbank Center Commercial Limited Business, designation to a "Planned Development" designation;
- Development Review for the new buildings and improvements; and
- A development agreement.
Please click on any of the following links to view available project plans currently under review. These materials are subject to change as the project continues through the development review process.
- Aerial of Project Site
- Context Aerial Rendering
- Residential Building with Hotel (Option A)
- Residential Building with Office Building (Option B)
Upcoming Public Meetings
The project will be heard at the following public meeting:
- None currently scheduled.
Prior Public Meetings
The following public meetings have been held for the project:
- Environmental Scoping Meeting - An environmental scoping meeting was held on March 7, 2016 and comments from interested persons were provided to City staff, the applicant, and the City's environmental consultant. To view the presentations, click on the links below:
- Community and Scoping Meeting - A Community Meeting and EIR Scoping meeting was held on March 28, 2016. The applicant, City staff, and the City's environmental consultant were present to respond to questions and receive additional public comments on the project and environmental concerns to study. To view the presentations, click on the links below:
The City of Burbank released the Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR) for public comment and review from August 22 to October 6, 2017. An electronic copy of the document is available below, while a hardcopy is available at the Planning Division office at 150 N. Third Street. The State Clearinghouse number for the EIR is 2016021054.
Draft EIR Part 1 (Click here)
Draft EIR Part 2 (click here)
Appendices to the DEIR:
Appendix A (Appendix A)
Appendix B (Appendix B)
*Appendix D of Appendix B* (Click Here)
Appendix C (Appendix C)
Appendix D (Appendix D)
Appendix E (Appendix E)
Appendix F (Appendix F)
Appendix G (Appendix G)
Appendix H (Appendix H)
Appendix I (Appendix I)
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information, or to be added to the mailing list for future meetings, please contact the Planning Division at (818) 238-5250 or firstname.lastname@example.org.