City of Burbank Requirements for Waste Haulers
Attention: There is a new quarterly report form that must be completed in full, failure to submit the new form may result in late fees.
Two licenses and two permits are required in order to operate within the City of Burbank. In addition to the Annual Private Hauler Contractor License and Permit all private hauler contractors must obtain an annual business license from the License and Code Services Division of the Community Development Department. Click here for License and Code Services home page
Below are the requirements for the City of Burbank Public Works Annual Private Hauler Contractor License and Permit:
- Annual Private Hauler Contractor License and Permit Application
- Application Fees
- Permit Fee: $16.78
- License Fee: $85.56 Per Vehicle (Operating in the City of Burbank)
- Outstanding Quarterly Reports or Fees (If applicable)
- Customer List (Using this format ONLY)
- All AB341 and AB1826 Customer Outreach
The Annual Private Hauler Contractor License and Permit application can be downloaded by clicking here. Be sure to complete all sections in full, failure to do so will result in your license and permit being denied.
A small space for vehicles operating in the City of Burbank is provided on page 3 of the Annual Private Hauler Contractor License and Permit Application, if your company has more vehicles than space allows please submit an additional vehicle list.
If your company has any outstanding quarterly reports your Annual Private Hauler Contractor License and Permit will be denied. Outstanding reports were listed on your permit renewal letter.
A customer list must be submitted in tandem with your Annual Private Hauler Contractor License and Permit application. Failure to submit a customer list in the template provided here your Annual Private Hauler Contractor License and Permit will be denied. The completed customer list needs to be e-mailed to email@example.com
Your customer list must include the following for every Burbank customer (Customers may need to be listed more than one depending on their service type or number of bins - examples are given in the template):
- Customer Name
- Street Address
- Zip Code
- Service Type
- Dirty MRF - Mixed waste taken to a MRF for processing
- Trash Only - Source separated trash, direct to landfill, not sorted at a Dirty MRF
- Recycle Only - Source separated recycling, not mixed waste
- Organics - Food waste or wood waste collection routes
- C&D Roll-Off - Temporary roll-off bin for C&D debris
- Service Days
- M, T, W, Th, F, S, Su
- Bin Size
- Customers Compliant w/ AB341
- Customers Compliant w/ AB1826
All AB341 (Multi-Family Recycling) and AB1826 (Mandatory Commercial Organics) outreach must be submitted with your application or your Annual Private Hauler Contractor License and Permit may be denied.
Send all documents and fees to:
City of Burbank
Burbank Recycle Center
500 S Flower Street
Burbank, CA 91502
If you have any questions please contact us at (818) 238-3900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All private hauler contractors in the City of Burbank must submit quarterly reports and fees pursuant to Burbank Municipal Code Section 4.2.111. Please note reports are due each quarter from permitted haulers regardless of whether business was conducted in Burbank during that time.
The quarterly report form (below) is now a fillable, printable, and savable PDF form. Please fill out all the open fields and print a two sided copy when submitting. To properly view the file please use the latest version of Adobe Acrobat (files may not be available on Internet Explorer)
Quarterly reports and fees are due on the 30th of the month following the quarter:
- 1st Quarter (January-March) due April 30
- 2nd Quarter (April-June) due July 30
- 3rd Quarter (July-September) due October 30
- 4th Quarter (October-December) is due January 30