|MEDIA CONTACT INFORMATION|
|Simone McFarland Communications Manager||(818) 238-5840|
|Sgt. Derek Green Police Department||(818) 238-3240|
|Battalion Chief John Owings Fire Department||(818) 238-3361|
|Joe Flores Burbank Water and Power||(818) 238-3773|
Visit Public Information Office
Space Available at Burbank Unified School District High Schools for Students from Other Districts Whose Parent(s) Work in Burbank
*****BUSD PRES RELEASE*****
Burbank, CA (August 27, 2019) - BUSD is pleased to announce that we still have space available in both Burbank High and John Burroughs High School for INTER District Employment Permits. This is ONLY for new incoming high school students from other districts whose parent(s) work 35+ hours per week in Burbank.
Applications are available to print out online and can be turned in to Student Services at 1900 W. Olive Avenue. You may print out an application at https://www.burbankusd.org/Page/563. Each application must include the following information:
- Most recent report card OR transcript for secondary schools
- Daily attendance records
- Discipline records (behavior)
- A current utility bill to verify your home address
- Most recent Individualized Educational Program (IEP) documentation, if applicable.
- CIF Sports related transfer questionnaire - FOR HIGH SCHOOL APPLICATIONS ONLY
- An outgoing release from your school district of residence (application packets can be submitted without the release, BUT your student will not be placed in a BUSD school until we receive the release from your school district of residence).
- Verification of employment or Business within Burbank District boundaries
- Letter of Employment Verification (verifying 35+ hours and days on company letterhead)
- Current pay stubs
- Business owners: A copy of your business license AND renewal receipt from the City of Burbank (must be valid during the time of the current school year)
According to Board Policy 5117, students may be admitted on a permit basis if “the student maintains a record of satisfactory grades, attendance, and discipline, which will be reviewed annually by the Superintendent or designee.”
- Satisfactory Grades Criteria: Students must maintain a 2.0 GPA with no failing grades in the past and current academic year.
- Satisfactory Attendance Criteria: Students may not have been absent from school without a valid excuse for 10% or more of the school year.
- Satisfactory Discipline Criteria: Students may not have extensive disciplinary records, suspensions, or expellable disciplinary offenses in the past and current academic year.