|MEDIA CONTACT INFORMATION|
|Simone McFarland Communications Manager||(818) 238-5840|
|Sgt. Derek Green Police Department||(818) 238-3240|
|Battalion Chief John Owings Fire Department||(818) 238-3361|
|Joe Flores Burbank Water and Power||(818) 238-3773|
Visit Public Information Office
Northbound I-5 Will Be Reduced to One or Two Lanes from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday; Ramps and Freeway Connector Closed
Caltrans News Release:
Date: November 15, 2019
District: 7/Los Angeles and Ventura counties
Phone: (213) 897-9372
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Northbound I-5 Will Be Reduced to One or Two Lanes from 10 p.m. Tonight to 5 a.m. Monday; Ramps and Freeway Connector Closed
BURBANK — The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) reminds motorists that the northbound side of Interstate 5 in Burbank will be reduced to only one or two lanes between 10 p.m. tonight (Friday, Nov. 15) and 5 a.m. Monday, Nov. 18.
Caltrans urges drivers to use other routes to avoid traffic delays on northbound I-5 in Burbank this weekend.
The following impacts are expected due to pavement construction:
- Northbound I-5 will be narrowed to two lanes between Verdugo Avenue and Magnolia Boulevard starting at 10 p.m. tonight and ending by 5 a.m. Monday.
- The same section of northbound I-5 will be reduced to one lane from 11 p.m. tonight to 5 a.m. Saturday, and again on Monday from 12:01 a.m. to 4 a.m.
- Starting at approximately 8-9 p.m. tonight and continuing until 5 a.m. Monday, the following ramps on Northbound I-5 will be closed: The northbound on-ramps and off-ramp at Alameda Avenue, the off-ramp at Olive Avenue, the on-ramp at Orange Grove Avenue, and the off-ramp at Burbank Boulevard.
- The freeway connector from westbound State Route 134 (Ventura Freeway) to northbound I-5 will be closed from 10 p.m. tonight to 5 a.m. Monday. When the connector is closed, Caltrans also will close the on-ramps to westbound SR-134 from San Fernando Road and Fairmont Avenue, and the SR-134 off-ramp to Zoo Drive.
- Detours will be provided for the closed connector and ramps.
- This weekend’s closures do not involve the southbound side of I-5.
The schedule is weather-permitting and subject to change.
Travelers on northbound I-5 are strongly advised to avoid traffic delays by taking the following detour: Go west on State Route 134 (Ventura Freeway) to northbound State Route 170 (Hollywood Freeway) and rejoin northbound I-5 past Burbank.
Detour maps and other information can be found online at My5LA.com and on Twitter at @My5LA or, for those without a Twitter account, at https://twitter.com/My5LA.