|MEDIA CONTACT INFORMATION|
|Simone McFarland Communications Manager||(818) 238-5840|
|Sgt. Derek Green Police Department||(818) 238-3240|
|Battalion Chief John Owings Fire Department||(818) 238-3361|
|Joe Flores Burbank Water and Power||(818) 238-3773|
Visit Public Information Office
Night Closures of I-5 Ramps and Streets in Burbank
Intermittent Closures Expected While Crews Install Permanent Lane Striping
Date: January 27, 2020
District: 7/Los Angeles and Ventura counties
Phone: (213) 897-9372
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BURBANK — The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) advises motorists to expect intermittent closures of several city streets and Interstate 5 on-ramps and off-ramps starting tonight (Jan. 27) while crews install lane striping and other roadway markings.
Drivers are advised to allow extra travel time and look for detour signs, which will be posted as needed, during the following time periods:
- From 8 p.m. Monday, Jan. 27 to 6 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 28.
- From 8 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 28, to 6 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 29 (if needed).
- From 8 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 29, to 6 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 30 (if needed).
Full or partial street and ramp closures may occur at the following locations:
- The Northbound I-5 Olive Avenue off-ramp and on-ramp
- The I-5 off/on ramps at Empire Avenue and at Buena Vista/San Fernando Blvd.
- Bonnywood Place from East Angeleno Avenue to East Orange Grove Avenue
- East Angeleno Avenue, East Orange Grove Avenue and the access street parallel to the north side of Olive Avenue will be closed between First Street and Bonnywood Place
- Victory Place between Lincoln Street and just south of Empire Avenue
- Old Empire Avenue west of Victory Place
- San Fernando Blvd. at Buena Vista Street
- Buena Vista Street from San Fernando Blvd. to the Northbound I-5 on/off ramps
- Winona Avenue at I-5
- San Fernando Blvd. at the Southbound I-5 on/off ramps.
The schedule is weather-permitting and subject to change. This work is part of more than $355 million in improvements along the I-5 corridor in Burbank, including the new Empire Avenue interchange, new ramps at Buena Vista Street and a new I-5 Burbank Boulevard bridge.
Information is available online at My5LA.com and on Twitter at @My5LA or, for those without a Twitter account, at twitter.com/My5LA