COVID-19 Related Relief and Loans
Burbank, CA (April 30, 2020) - The following COVID-19-related financial relief and food assistance programs have become available to Californians:
California Governor highlights expansion of of CalFresh and EBT programs, including new Pandemic-EBT, and EBT for online purchasing.
- Beginning April 28, people getting CalFresh food benefits can use their EBT card to buy groceries online at Amazon and Walmart statewide
- Beginning in May, families can get up to $365 for each child who is eligible for P-EBT benefits. The total amount depends on how many eligible children are living in your home
- Students can still pick up to-go meals even if they are receiving P-EBT benefit
- Find out more information at https://covid19.ca.gov/food-resources/
The California Small Business Loan Guarantee Program (via IBank) is making available $50 million in state funding, providing potential capital for individuals who do not qualify for federal funds.
- Small Businesses located in California with 1-750 employees that have been negatively impacted or experienced disruption by COVID-19 and nonprofits are eligible.
- Find out more information at https://www.ibank.ca.gov/small-business-finance-center/
Economic Injury Disaster Loan Funding - With the additional funding provided by the new COVID_19 relief package, SBA will resume processing EIDL Loan and Advance applications that are already in the queue on a first come, first served basis.
- Find out more information at https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/disaster-assistance/coronavirus-covid-19#/
Unemployment Benefits - Newly unemployed? Visit the EDD website to file for unemployment.
- Find out more information at https://www.edd.ca.gov/Unemployment/
Unemployment Benefits - Self-employed and independent contractors can also qualify under the CARES Act.
- Find out more information at https://edd.ca.gov/about_edd/coronavirus-2019/pandemic-unemployment-assistance.htm