EFFECTIVE MARCH 16, THE PUBLIC COUNTER IS CLOSED
Services Available During “Safer At Home” Order
While the City of Burbank practices a “Prepared But Not Panicked” approach to the COVID-19 Corona Virus, we are doing all that we can to provide for the safety of Burbank citizens and City of Burbank Staff. Building & Safety services continue to be available during the “Safer At Home” Order issued by the State of California and the County of Los Angeles. Subject to further Orders or situational changes, the following Building & Safety services are available:
- Building inspections will continue to be available while adhering to COVID-19 protection. Inspection staff will conduct inspections per scheduled requests. All inspection requests should be through the City’s “Online Building Inspection Request” Portal found on the City’s website at: permit.burbankca.gov/
- To ensure the highest order of health protections, we ask that while the building inspectors is on-site to:
Maintain Safe Social Distancing – Arrange to have no more than 10 persons in the areas to be inspected and maintain a minimum of six-feet distance from all persons in the area.
Ensure that No One Onsite is Sick or is believed to have come in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Ensure that the Site is Clean and Items Ready for Inspection so that Inspection staff do not have to come into contact with building and construction items.
- In certain cases, staff may request the inspection by Face Time or Skype – situation dependent. In these instances, please have your smart phone or device ready for live communication with inspection staff.
Building inspections are available by our certified inspection staff. All building inspectors are full-time City of Burbank employees and will visit your project site wearing City identification on their person. If you do not see a City ID, please ask for identification or contact the general number at (818) 238-5220.
- The City of Burbank will continue to issue building permits although a slight delay may occur. All building permit transactions will take place by email and communication with Permit Technician staff. If you wish to pay by credit card, a Credit Card Authorization Form must be completed and provided with your permit application. Please note that credit card transactions will be assessed a 2% processing fee. Applications may be download from our Applications web page. You may email the application to email@example.com
- Issuance of the permit, signature by the permittee, and issuance of the building inspection card will be transacted in communication with Permit Technician staff who will continue to be available Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
Code Enforcement Services
- For situations involving life safety, Code Enforcement Staff will place these cases with high priority and will investigate timely.
- Response to complaints related to potential planning, zoning or building violations will continue in service. All complainants are encouraged to use the “Online Code Enforcement Complaint Webpage” Portal at: www.burbankca.gov/codeenforcement or email at: CodeEnf@burbankca.gov
Business Tax, Business License
- Renewals, New Applications and Questions related to Business Tax and Business License certificate will be handled through email and communication with Permit Technician Staff. Renewals of Business Tax accounts can be processed through the Online Portal at https://permit.burbankca.gov/renewals
The Building & Safety Division comprises three teams of staff responsible for compliance with state and local codes, policies, and guidelines within the City of Burbank.
BUILDING PERMIT, PLAN CHECK REVIEW, AND INSPECTION SERVICES
|Phone: (818) 238-5220||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org||Fax: (818)238-5242|
This team is responsible for building plan check review of all new construction, additions, and remodels of residential, commercial and industrial properties. They issue all building, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical permits within the City, in addition to conducting construction inspections for all permits issued.
BUSINESS LICENSES/TAX ACCOUNTS, AND GARAGE SALE PERMITS
|Phone: (818) 238-5280||Email: email@example.com|
This team administers business license/tax account applications for all businesses operating within the City of Burbank, as well as issues garage sale permits for residents.
CODE ENFORCEMENT SERVICES
|Phone: (818)238-5225|| Weekend Hotline 7 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.: (818) 238-5283
(Sunday hotline temporarily closed due to limited staffing.)
This team is responsible for enforcement of property maintenance, zoning, building codes, and protection of private properties throughout the City. To be effective and efficient, the team relies on the corporation of residents and businesses to maintain a healthy, safe, and clean environment, while preserving the quality-of-life of the community.
News & Events
- NEW - Online Inspection Request
- NEW - Online Business Tax Payment
- NEW 2019 California Building Code goes into effect January 1, 2020
- Earthquake Brace + Bolt
- Property Portal - Building Permit Lookup
- Clean Air Choices - SCAQMD's Clean Air technologies program
Building Permit Links
- Permits Issued Report
- Plan Copies Requests
- State Board Contractor Information
- Online Plan Check Submittal
- Fee Schedule
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station Permitting
- Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance
- Wood Roof Removal Ordinance
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Prevention Act
- SB 407 Plumbing Fixture Requirements
- AB2188 - Expedited Permitting for Residential Solar Systems
Business Permit Links
- New Business Activity Report
- Business Tax, Licenses and Permits
- Garage Sale Home page
- Secondhand Smoke Ordinance
- Cottage Food Ordinance
- Pet Sales and Breeding Ordinance
- Prohibition on the Sale of Flavored Tobacco Products, Except Hookah