The Building & Safety Division comprises three teams of staff responsible for compliance with state and local codes, policies, and guidelines within the City of Burbank.
BUILDING PERMIT, PLAN CHECK REVIEW, AND INSPECTION SERVICES
|Phone: (818) 238-5220||Email: email@example.com||Fax: (818)238-5242|
This team is responsible for building plan check review of all new construction, additions, and remodels of residential, commercial and industrial properties. They issue all building, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical permits within the City, in addition to conducting construction inspections for all permits issued.
BUSINESS LICENSES/TAX ACCOUNTS, AND GARAGE SALE PERMITS
This team administers business license/tax account applications for all businesses operating within the City of Burbank, as well as issues garage sale permits for residents.
CODE ENFORCEMENT SERVICES
|Phone: (818)238-5225|| Weekend Hotline 7 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.: (818) 238-5283
(Sunday hotline temporarily closed due to limited staffing.)
This team is responsible for enforcement of property maintenance, zoning, building codes, and protection of private properties throughout the City. To be effective and efficient, the team relies on the corporation of residents and businesses to maintain a healthy, safe, and clean environment, while preserving the quality-of-life of the community.
PUBLIC COUNTER HOURS
MONDAY - FRIDAY
(effective May 21, 2018)
8:00 AM to 12:00 PM*
Due to staffing limitations, Planning can assist the first 20 people who pull a ticket at the kiosk. We suggest arriving early (between 8:00 and 9:00 am) to get a ticket.
BUILDING PLAN CHECK
8:00 AM to 12:00 PM*
BUSINESS LICENSE & GARAGE SALES
8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
* Planning and Building Plan Check staff have appointments available
Same as above, except for the following days:
ALL CITY SERVICES - Tuesday, December 24th 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
ALL CITY SERVICES - Tuesday, December 31st 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
The public counter hours will be closed in the afternoon.
News & Events
- Earthquake Brace + Bolt - NEW
- Property Portal - Building Permit Lookup
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station Permitting
- Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance
- Wood Roof Removal Ordinance - Deadline August 14, 2014
- 2016 California Building Code series
- SB 407 Plumbing Fixture Requirements
- AB2188 - Expedited Permitting for Residential Solar Systems
Building Permit Links
- Permits Issued Report
- Plan Copies Requests
- State Board Contractor Information
- Online Plan Check Submittal
- Fee Schedule
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Prevention Act
Business Permit Links
- New Business Activity Report
- Business Tax, Licenses and Permits
- Garage Sale Home page
- Secondhand Smoke Ordinance
- Cottage Food Ordinance
- Pet Sales and Breeding Ordinance