In response to the City’s direction to close all Burbank facilities to the public, modified services provided by the Planning Division will continue. The following provides an overview of how customers can submit Planning Applications to the Planning Division electronically for review and processing. These electronic submittal requirements apply to all Planning Applications, except Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) Applications. ADU Applications will be process through a separate more streamlined process. For more information, customers can contact the Planning Division via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Planning Applications shall be submitted as noted below, unless otherwise provided by the Planning Division.
SUBMITTING PLANNING APPLICATIONS ELECTRONICALLY
Customers can submit Planning Applications electronically by taking the following steps:
- All Planning permits require a completed application form with the property owner(s) signature and required submittal materials. Customers can access electronic copies of the applicable Planning Application and required submittal materials at the Planning Application and Fees webpage.
- Once the Planning Application is completed, customers can submit an electronic copy of the application and required submittal materials to the Planning Division by uploading them here. The project materials shall be uploaded as follows:
- The Project material(s) shall be uploaded within a zip-folder.
- The zip-folder shall be renamed to include the project’s address and date (for example: 111 South First St_3-18-2019).
- All files within the zip-folder shall be named based on the document type (for example: Proposed_Plans)
The City is not responsible for any project materials that were not uploaded per the Planning Division’s requirements outlined above. Any project material(s) submitted outside the specified requirements will not be accepted.
As part of the initial application submittal process, customers are not required to submit hard copies of the required submittal materials.
- After an application has been uploaded electronically, customers shall inform the Planning Division via email at email@example.com that a Planning Application has been uploaded. The subject of the email shall read: “Electronic Submittal of Planning Application: 111 South First Street”. The body of the email shall include a project description along with the customer’s name, phone number and email address (if different from the one used to send the email). It is the responsibility of customers to confirm that the Planning Division has received all material(s) submitted electronically.
- Within 4 to 7 business days of having received the Planning Application, the Planning Division will review the application and determine if all required submittal items have been submitted:
- If the Planning Division determines that all required items have been submitted as part of the project application, staff will email customers the balance due for the processing of the application and a copy of the invoice. The balance due shall be paid before the Planning Division begins processing of the application;
- If the Planning Division determines that there are required items missing from the project application, staff will email customers a detail of the items that are missing. Additionally, customers will be provided the balance due for the processing of the application and a copy of the invoice. The items that are missing shall be provided to the Planning Division, and the balance due shall be paid, before the Planning Division begins processing of the application.
Customers shall mail all payments, along with a copy of the invoice, to the Planning Division. At this time the Planning Division can only accept payments by credit card or check – checks shall be made payable to “City of Burbank”, and be mailed to:
City of Burbank Planning Division
Attn: Griselda Sandoval
150 N. Third Street
Burbank, CA 91510
- The application submittal will be completed once the payment is received by the Planning Division – at this time the Planning Division will begin processing the application.
All Planning Applications shall be submitted as noted above – unless otherwise provided by the Planning Division. For more information, customers can contact the Planning Division via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.