In March 2017, an application was submitted for a new mixed-use project consisting of multi-family residential, commercial retail, and hotel uses. The project site is located at 777 N. Front Street along the easterly side of N. Front Street between Burbank Boulevard and the Magnolia Boulevard overcrossing (see Project Location Map). The project site is approximately 6.77 acres and is surrounded by commercial and industrial zones, including the Burbank Center Commercial Manufacturing (BCCM) zone, North San Fernando Commercial (NSFC) zone, General Industrial (M-2) zone, and Planned Development (PD) zones. The Interstate 5 Freeway is to the north east and the Downtown Burbank Metrolink Station is located south west of the project site. The subject property is located in the Burbank Center Plan with a land use designation of Mixed Commercial/Office/Industrial and a zoning designation of Auto Dealership (AD).
The project proposes to construct:
- One, 7-story building containing a total of 252 residential units (272,162 square feet);
- One, 8-story building containing a total of 321 residential units (346,644 square feet);
- 1,067 square feet of commercial retail space;
- One, 7-story building containing 307 hotel rooms (212,250 square feet); and
- A total of 1,462 parking spaces in an integrated parking structure with one level of subterranean parking and up to 7-levels of above grade parking.
Discretionary approvals being requested:
- An amendment to the Burbank Center Specific Plan to change the current land use designation of the project site from "Mixed Commercial/Office/Industrial" to "Mixed Commercial/Office/Residential";
- A Zoning Map amendment to rezone the project site from Auto Dealership (AD) to a Planned Development (PD);
- Development Review for the new buildings and improvements proposed;
- A Development Agreement; and
- A Tentative Map to subdivide the property.
Please click on any of the following links to view project plans currently under review. These materials are subject to change as the project continues through the development review process.
- Aerial of Project Site
- Overall Site Plan
- Overall Project Renderings
- Hotel Component
- Residential Component
Upcoming Public Meetings
The project will be heard at the following public meeting:
- Planning Board Public Hearing (Recirculated Draft EIR) - The Planning Board will hold a meeting to obtain public input and comments (written or verbal) on the Recirculated Draft Environmental Impact Report. This meeting will be held on Monday, July 22, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers at City Hall located at 275 E. Olive Avenue in Burbank. A PDF of the public notice is available here.
Prior Public Meetings
The following public meetings have been held for the project:
- Community Meeting and Environmental Scoping meeting - A Community Meeting and Environmental Scoping Meeting was held on April 10, 2018 in the Community Room (Room 104) on the first floor of the Community Services Building at 150 N. Third Street.
- Planning Board Public Hearing (Draft EIR) - The Planning Board held a meeting to obtain public input and comments (written or verbal) on the Draft Environmental Impact Report. This meeting was held on Monday, April 22, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers at City Hall located at 275 E. Olive Avenue in Burbank. A PDF of the public notice is available here.
The City of Burbank, as Lead Agency, is preparing an Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for the project in accordance with the California Environmental Quality Act. The City selected Rincon Consultants, Inc. to assist in preparing all environmental compliance documents for the project.
- Notice of Preparation for an Initial Study - The City released a Notice of Preparation (NOP) and Initial Study to prepare an Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for the project. The public review/comment period ended on May 2, 2018.
- Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR) - The DEIR was available for public comment and review from March 22, 2019 to May 6, 2019. The State Clearinghouse number for the EIR is 2018041012. An electronic copy of the document and appendices are below:
** portions of Part 4 are available in hardcopy only at the Planning Division Office.
- Recirculated Draft Environmental Impact Report (RDEIR) - The DEIR is available for public comment and review from July 1, 2019 to August 14, 2019. The State Clearinghouse number for the EIR is 2018041012. Please send all written public comments to:
Community Development Department
150 N. Third Street PO Box 6459
Burbank, CA 91510-6459
An electronic copy of the document and appendices is here. Hardcopies of the document are available during business hours at the Buena Vista Library at 300 N. Buena Vista Street, the Central Library at 110 N. Glenoaks Boulevard, the Northwest Library at 3323 W. Victory Boulevard, the City Clerk's Office at 275 E. Olive Avenue, and at the Planning Division Public Counter at 150 N. Third Street in Burbank.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information, questions, or to get on the mailing list for upcoming meetings on the project, please contact Leonard Bechet, Senior Planner, by phone at (818) 238-5250 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.