In October 2017, West Magnolia, LLC submitted applications for a new multi-use commercial/recreational facility near the Burbank Downtown Transit Center. The Burbank Common Project is a Public-Private Partnership between the City of Burbank and West Magnolia to facilitate the re-use of the City-owned property at 10 West Magnolia Boulevard. The project proposes to demolish an existing 70,000 square-foot warehouse to construct:
- 33,000 square-feet of event space that could host events ranging from conferences to roller derby tournaments;
- 19,000 sq. ft. of restaurant, café, brewpub, retail, and special event space;
- Approximately 47,000 sq. ft. of outdoor eating/leisure space, providing publicly accessible open space in Downtown Burbank; and
- Parking is proposed on five adjacent, City-owned surface parking lots through shared parking arrangements with the existing Downtown Burbank Metrolink Station.
Discretionary approvals being requested:
- A Zone Map Amendment to rezone the project site from BCCM to a Planned Development;
- Development Review for the new buildings and outdoor amenities proposed;
- A Development Agreement;
- Conditional Use Permits to allow alcohol sales at the eateries; and
- Other City actions, including entering into a ground lease and shared parking agreement between the City and the applicant. These agreements will allow West Magnolia, LLC to build, operate, and park the proposed facility, while the City retains ownership of the property and the ability to regulate the five surface parking lots.
Please click on any of the following links to view the available project projects currently under review. These materials are subject to change as the project continues through the development review process:
Upcoming Public Meetings
The project will be heard at the following public meetings:
- None currently scheduled.
Prior Public Meetings
The following public meetings have been held for the project:
- A Community Meeting was held on January 29, 2018. This was the first of two community meetings that will be held for the Project.
The project is subject to environmental review in accordance with the California Environmental Quality Act. The Planning Division is in the process of preparing a Request for Proposals (RFP) for a qualified consultant to prepare the environmental documents; check this website for future updates and information. Additional information and opportunities for public review and comment will be available at a future date to be determined.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information, or to be added to the mailing list for future meetings on the project, please contact Daniel Villa, Associate Planner, at (818) 238-5250 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.