600 N. San Fernando Boulevard
The Burbank Town Center owner is proposing a residential/commercial mixed-use development on approximately 16.5 acres within an existing 37-acre Planned Development area. The project proposes to demolish approximately 241,000 sq. ft. of retail space (including the Ikea, Office Max, and Corner Bakery buildings) to construct the following:
- A 7-story, 271-unit apartment building; OR a 148,735 sq. ft. office building with 5 live-work units and 5 townhome apartments;
- A 15-story building with 70 residential units; OR a 7-story building with 101 micro-unit apartments;
- A 7-story mixed use building with 801 residential units and 37,135 sq. ft. of retail/restaurant space;
- A 7-story, 200-room hotel with 10,425 sq. ft. of restaurant space; and
- Improvements to North San Fernando Boulevard.
The project site is located at 600 North San Fernando Boulevard. The site currently has two zoning designations, including Planned Development (PD No. 89-4) and 0.43 acres at the northeast corner of N. San Fernando Boulevard and Grinnell Drive is zoned BCC-2 (Burbank Center Commercial Limited Business). The current General Plan designation for the project site is Downtown Commercial, which is proposed to remain.
Discretionary approvals being requested:
- Amend the development standards and allowable uses in PD No. 89-4;
- A Zone Map Amendment from BCC-2 to Planned Development (PD) for the 0.43-acre corner of N. San Fernando Boulevard and Grinnell Drive;
- A Development Agreement;
- Development Review for the new buildings and site plan; and
- A Tentative Map.
Please click on any of the following links to view available project plans currently under review. These materials are subject to change as the project continues through the development review process:
- Project Site Aerial Photo
- Site Plan
- 3D Architectural Renderings
- Complete Plan Set (Part One)
- Complete Plan Set (Part Two)
- Complete Plan Set (Part Three)
- Complete Plan Set (Part Four)
Upcoming Public Meetings
The project will be heard at the following public meetings:
- None currently scheduled.
Prior Public Meetings
The following public meetings have been held for the project:
- A Community and Scoping Meeting was held on December 13, 2017. Copies of the information provided shared at the meeting include:
The project is subject to environmental review in accordance with the California Environmental Quality Act, and an Environmental Impact Report (EIR) will be prepared by the lead agency, the City of Burbank. Additional information and opportunities for public review and comment will be available at a future date to be determined.
- A Notice of Preparation was filed on November 29, 2017 to gather input on environmental concerns to be studied for the project. Comments were due by January 5, 2018.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information, or to be added to the mailing list for future meetings on the project, please contact Mike Porto, Contract Planner, at (818)238-5250 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.