The Zoning Code is Chapter 10 of the Burbank Municipal Code and consists of land use regulations enacted in order to promote the public health, safety, peace, comfort, convenience, prosperity, and welfare of the City and its inhabitants. The Zoning Code recognizes the important of protecting land from other uses which are unrelated and incompatible, as well as the importance of well-designed and properly integrated developments to the public welfare in all districts of the City.
Zoning Quick Links:
- Definitions (Article 2)
- Zoning Use List (Article 5)
- Residential Uses and Development Standards (Article 6)
- Commercial Uses and Development Standards (Article 7)
- Industrial Uses and Development Standards (Article 8)
- Sign Regulations (Article 10)
- Parking Standards (Article 14)
- Media District Overlay Zone (Article 21)
- Rancho Master Plan Zones (Article 24)
- Burbank Center Overlay Zone (Article 25)
- Magnolia Park Commercial Zones (Article 26)
- North San Fernando Commercial Zone (Article 27)
The zoning map displays the zone district designation of each property in the City of Burbank. (Click on image for PDF of map).
Visit the Property Portal to identify the zoning designation, see Los Angeles County Tax Assessor information, or review the permit history of a property in Burbank.
OTHER RELATED INFORMATION AND REGULATIONS
- Burbank 2035 General Plan Land Use Map
- Subdivision Regulations (Title 11)
- Burbank Airport Influence Area Map (related link: L.A. County Airport Land Use Commission)
- FAA Filing Requirement Map (related link: FAA's Obstruction Evaluation Division website)
- Inclusionary Housing Requirements
- Density Bonus Requirements