Thank you to everyone who participated in our July is Parks & Recreation Month Contest.
We loved seeing all the ways you can PLAY MORE with Burbank Parks & Recreation!
We are pleased to present our
2018 PHOTO CONTEST WINNERS!
People's Choice Award
"1, 2 & 3"
from Violet M.
Staff Pick Award
"Being A Burbank Kid is Awesome"
from Tanya G.
Congratulations to our winners!
Contest Period ended: July 1-July 31, 2018
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Ways to Enter
Take a photo at a City of Burbank Parks and Recreation park, facility, program, or event, and:
1. Enter via the Contest Page: Visit www.burbankca.gov/photocontest and click the “Enter the Contest” link, or
2. Post your photo on Instagram using the hashtag #playmoreburbank and tag @burbank_parksandrec. If an entry is submitted via Instagram, the account must be set to "public". Otherwise, the post will not be viewable and counted as an entry.
All entries will be approved prior to being posted on the Contest Page. Please allow 1-2 business days for your photo to be entered onto the Contest Page.
Entries not complying with all contest rules will be disqualified.
- Entries must be submitted between July 1 and July 31, 2018. Contest ends on July 31, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (US Pacific Time).
- Entrants must be at least 13 years old.
- Photo must be taken at a Burbank Parks and Recreation park, facility, program, or event.
- Entries may be submitted by residents and non-residents. Void to all jurisdictions outside of Los Angeles County.
- Entrants may submit unlimited entries.
- Burbank Parks and Recreation Employees are not eligible to win.
- Photos must be submitted through Instagram or through the Contest Page (no hard copies or emails will be accepted).
- Two winning photographs will be selected.
- PEOPLE’S CHOICE. One winner will be selected based on the most votes collected during the contest. Voting will be available throughout the duration of the contest (July 1 – July 31, 2018). Winner will receive a Burbank Parks and Recreation gift bag including promotional items and passes to some of our favorite Parks and Recreation activities. The grand prize is a free Recreation Class (up to $100 value) offered in for Fall 2018, Winter 2019 or Spring 2019.
- STAFF PICK. One winner will be selected by a panel of Burbank Parks and Recreation Staff. Winner will receive a Burbank Parks and Recreation gift bag including promotional items and passes to some of our favorite Parks and Recreation activities. The grand prize is a free Recreation Class (up to $100 value) offered in for Fall 2018, Winter 2019 or Spring 2019. In addition, the Staff Pick winning photo will be featured in an upcoming Burbank Recreation Guide.
- Winners will be announced on the City of Burbank Facebook, Instagram, page and website on August 10.
- Prizes must be claimed at the Burbank Parks and Recreation Department (150 N Third Street, Burbank, CA 91502) by September 1. Prizes are non-transferrable, unavailable for substitution, and not redeemable for credit or cash.
By entering the Contest, the entrant:
- Grants the City of Burbank permission to use submitted photos and images for the purpose of publicizing and marketing City activities.
- Understands that no compensation shall be given for the use of submitted photos and that these images shall become the sole property of the City of Burbank.
- Represents that it has secured all rights to use of the photographs from the photographer and any persons shown in the photographs.
- Agrees to the acceptance of the Instagram terms and conditions, found at: https://help.instagram.com/478745558852511
- Agrees to the acceptance of the Woobox terms and conditions, found at: https://woobox.com/terms
The City of Burbank Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest, or to disqualify any individual it finds to be interfering with the operation of the Contest or violating the Official Rules of this promotion in a disruptive manner. All submissions must adhere to guidelines provided in the Facebook Community Standards (www.facebook.com/communitystandards) and Instagram Community Standards (http://help.instagram.com/477434105621119/)