The State of California requires mandatory commercial recycling.
YOUR BUSINESS IS REQUIRED TO RECYCLE IF IT:
- Generates 4 or more cubic yards of solid waste per week or
- Is a Multi-family dwelling of 5 or more residential units
YOU CAN COMPLY BY:
1) Subscribing to a licensed recycling service and separating recyclables and trash on site (requires 2 bins on site). Click here (list to be updated August 1, 2017) for a list of licensed recycling services in Burbank.
2) Separating your recyclables from your trash to donate, sell or self haul to a recycling center.
3) Subscribing to a licensed service that collects wet and dry waste together then separates the recyclables off site. *Expect lower recycling rates and fewer opportunities to reduce trash costs.
California businesses generate nearly 3/4 of the solid waste in the state, most of which could be recycled. In addition, the production, use, and disposal of manufactured goods generate significant greenhouse gasses. Increased recycling will save resources, reduce greenhouse gasses and create jobs.
For information on reducing waste, contact the Burbank Recycle Center (818) 238-3900 or view the AB 341 brochure.
For more information about commercial recycling visit CalRecycle