STR - Community Development
A short-term rental is a residential property that is rented for a brief duration, typically for 30 days or less.
On June 16, 2020, City Council directed City staff is work on a proposed ordinance to allow short-term rentals that protects neighborhoods in Burbank while allowing its residents to participate in the sharing economy.
The proposed ordinance was initially presented at the Planning Board meeting on December 14, 2020. Planning Board voted to not move forward with proposed ordinance to allow short-term rentals. At this time, short-term rentals are not allowed in Burbank. You can report a violation online. To learn more about Planning Board's vote, please click on the link below.
- City Council Study Session - June 16, 2020
- Presentation to Planning Board - July 13, 2020
- Community Workshop #1 - July 30, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
- Community Workshop #2 - September 17, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
- Planning Board Meeting - December 14, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.
- Community Workshop #3 - March 11, 2021
To be determined - June 2021
To be determined - July 2021
- Map of Short-term Rental Listings in Burbank
- Survey of Neighboring Cities’ Short Term Rental Programs
- Code Enforcement Information
- Community Survey August 2020 Results
- Summary of Proposed Regulations from December 2020 (will be updated for next Planning Board/City Council Meeting)