The City of Burbank Parks and Recreation Department is recruiting for the Summer Counselor-In-Training (CIT) Program.
The CIT program is a free 10-week program for high school students that allows you to:
• Gain valuable work experience in our youth day camp programs
• Enhance your resume
• Earn volunteer service-learning hours
• Have a fun time and give back to the community
Components of the Counselor-In-Training program include daily interaction with children and staff in summer camp programs, hands-on experience working with children, and interactive training sessions. Students will assist and lead arts, crafts, sports activities, games, special events, and more. CIT training sessions will explore activity planning and career opportunities. This experience will help prepare teens for a future career in recreation, education, childcare, or related fields. The Summer 2022 program will run from June 1 – August 12.
In order to complete the program, CIT’s must meet the following:
• Complete minimum 10 CIT hours per week at assigned day camp location
• Attend CIT Orientation and two training sessions
• Coordinate and lead three activities per CIT Manual
• Rate satisfactory or above on final evaluation
• May not have more than 3 absences during the 10-week program
To apply, submit a complete application between March 14-April 17:
Delivered to: Verdugo Recreation Center
* Please note: Applicant cannot either presently be or have been declared a ward of the court pursuant to Welfare and Institutions Code § 602; or not either presently be or have been under a program of supervision pursuant to Welfare and Institutions Code § 654.
Finalists will be invited to interview. We will contact you to schedule your interview. If you have a resume and cover letter, please attach it to your application.
Questions? Contact Bria Wade at 818-238-5390 or firstname.lastname@example.org