I-5 Closed at Night in Burbank for Bridge Construction, Starting Monday (Sept. 13) for Two to Four Nights
BURBANK — The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) plans to close all lanes on Interstate 5 in Burbank for bridge construction on two to four nights, with the number of nights determined by the progress of the work, starting at 11:59 p.m. Monday, Sept. 13.
COMPLETE FREEWAY CLOSURE on Northbound I-5:
• All lanes on Northbound I-5 will be closed at Burbank Boulevard from 11:59 p.m. Monday, Sept. 13, to 4 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 14. A detour will be provided.
• The closure may be repeated from 11:59 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 14, to 4 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 15, if needed.
COMPLETE FREEWAY CLOSURE on Southbound I-5:
• On the next night following the closure(s) on Northbound I-5, a complete closure will take place on Southbound I-5. These complete freeway closures will happen in only one direction of travel at a time – either northbound or southbound – not in both directions simultaneously.
• All lanes on Southbound I-5 will be closed at Burbank Boulevard from 11:59 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 14, to 4 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 15, and/or from 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 15 to 4 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 16. A detour will be provided.
• The closure may be repeated from 11:59 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 16, to 4 a.m. Friday, Sept. 17, if needed.
Motorists are advised to avoid the area due to possible traffic delays. Northbound or Southbound I-5 may be reduced to only one or two lanes starting at 9 p.m. each night. Some I-5 on- or off-ramps may be closed, with detours posted.
Dates, times and locations of closures may change. Updates will be posted on the project’s website My5LA.com and on Twitter at @My5LA. Crews are constructing the I-5 Burbank Boulevard Bridge, part of the I-5 HOV (High Occupancy Vehicle, or carpool lanes) project by Caltrans, Metro (Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority) and the city of Burbank.