Curb Your Recycling: Understanding Recycling and Waste Reduction
Have you “bin” confused on recycling and other waste questions? Join
the experts from the Burbank Recycle Center for a basic training on
what goes where and why.
This 90 minute Zoom session is an essential starter kit to help you navigate past the confusion of packaging with tips on how to reduce creating disposal in the first place. (It's a condensed Cliff Notes version of our intensive 8 class zero waste training program, Waste Warriors)
Get inspired as we explore the 6 R’s of waste reduction: ReThink, Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Return (nutrients back to nature). Our session will cover:
- What recycling is (and what it isn’t)
- What happens when your discarded material is picked up and goes “away”
- Understanding of plastics and packaging types
- Electronics and Household hazardous waste
- Organics (yard clippings, food scraps)
- Waste reduction and prevention tips
- Answers at Your Disposal: City of Burbank’s Where
it Goes guide
(online search tool found at BurbankRecycle.org)
FOOD SCRAP COLLECTION PREVIEW: We will also be giving you information
on the City of Burbank's upcoming food scrap collection that will be
launched in Spring 2022.
This workshop will be led by Amy Hammes, Recycling Specialist, from the City of Burbank Recycle Center. Download the Zoom app today and you will be ready to log in for the webinar.
May 17, 2022
6:00 PM - 7:30 PM