Burbank Water Reclamation Plant (BWRP) Inverted Sewer Siphon Emergency Repairs Project
Burbank, CA (May 27, 2022) - The Public Works – Wastewater Division has an upcoming emergency repair project that is scheduled to start mobilization Tuesday, May 31, 2022. The project is an emergency repair of the BWRP Inverted Sewer Siphon and will include a sewer bypass system that will be set up on Front Street just north of the Magnolia Blvd Bridge:
- The sewer bypass system will be set up in the Front Street public right-of-way which will include four pumps and three 20,000 gallon tanks (9’ wide by 45’ long each), and a 6” pipe to be temporarily located on the sidewalk.
- The bike lane and a portion of the northbound lane of Front Street will be affected.
- Traffic control measures will be set up which will allow both northbound and southbound lanes to be maintained.
- The construction work will begin mobilization on May 31, 2022 and will be completed within up to 50 working days, with the Contractor working two 12-hour shifts per day for 6 days per week (Monday through Saturday) and potentially few Sundays.
- Changeable Message Signs will be placed on both directions of Front Street to notify the public of the upcoming traffic control measures.
We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you.