Seeking Legal Advice

The City Attorney is legally prohibited from representing individuals in private legal matters.

Attorneys in the office only represent City officials, departments, agencies, and employees in the course of their official acts or business.

If you need legal advice, you will have to seek a private attorney at your own cost. 

For assistance in obtaining private counsel, you may contact:  

San Fernando Valley Bar Association
(818) 227-0490

For other low/no cost legal services, you may contact:

We the People
(626) 535-0100

Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles
(800) 399-4529

Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles County
(800) 433-6251