Revenue - Financial Services
The Revenue Division is responsible for the following:
- Processing Accounts Receivable
- Administrating the reciept of Transient Occupancy and Transient Parking Taxes
- Collecting citywide delinquent accounts
- Maintaining citywide fees
- Monitoring the Sales Tax, Property Tax, and Utility User's Tax
The Citywide Fee Schedule contains the fee amounts of most City-provided services.
Most of the fees are reviewed annually to ensure they continue to reflect the actual costs the City incurs for providing services or are adjusted according to the Consumer Price Index.
Revenue Division Contact Information
Hotel and motel operators are required to collect a Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) and remit to the City of Burbank on a monthly basis. The tax rate for the City of Burbank is 10% of the rent charged by the operator to the hotel guest (transient) for occupancy of the hotel.
- Transient Occupancy Tax Registration Form
- Transient Occupancy Tax Remittance (Electronic Payment) Form
- Transient Occupancy Tax Remittance (Check Payment) Form
- Transient Occupancy Tax Exemption Certificate
- T-BID Assessment Return (Electronic Payments) Form
- T-BID Assessment Return (Check Payments) Form
Parking operators are required to collect a Transient Parking Tax (TPT) submit to the City of Burbank on a quarterly basis. The tax rate for the City of Burbank is 12% of the parking fee.
The City of Burbank charges a tax on utility services including telephone, electricity, and gas. The tax rate for the City of Burbank is 7% of the utlity amount.
More information on Utility Users Tax can be found at http://www.uutinfo.org. Be sure to click on the CITY and COUNTY CONTACTS and select BURBANK.