Parking - Community Development
The City provides various parking permits for residents and businesses who seek to utilize City parking facilities or on-street parking on a daily or monthly basis.
Parking on certain residential streets in Burbank is restricted to ensure that parking is available to the residents of those streets. For residential streets with parking restrictions, residents may obtain parking permits that allow vehicles registered to their home address to park on the street beyond the posted restrictions. Permits are available on a yearly basis and are renewed on an annual cycle. In addition, permits for visitors and for Large Non-Commercial Vehicles (LNCV’s) are also available.
The City offer permits for businesses who wish to park at City parking facilities past the posted restrictions on a daily or monthly basis, park on residential streets, and set up or renew curb parking or a valet parking operation. Please note that valet and curb requests are temporarily suspended.
**Residents can now apply for Residential Parking Permits online starting Monday, August 2, 2021.**
Parking on certain residential streets in Burbank is restricted to ensure that parking is available to the residents of those streets. For residential streets with parking restrictions, residents may obtain parking permits that allow vehicles registered to their home address to park on the street beyond the posted restrictions. Permits are available on a yearly basis and are renewed on an annual cycle. In addition, permits for visitors are also available.
Beginning in 2021, residents in permit parking zones apply for and renew their permits online. To obtain permits for 2021-2022 permit cycle, please visit our website at: https://burbankcapermits.rmcpay.com/
If a resident is unable to access the Internet, please email us at email@example.com for additional options.
Only those residential dwelling units on a street block, within the posted street signs, are eligible to receive residential parking permits.
- Proof of residency will be verified through Burbank Water and Power accounts. Additional documents may be required.
- Valid vehicle registration for each permit requested must be provided. The vehicle registration(s) must match the applicant’s qualifying address. Each residential dwelling is eligible to receive a maximum of five permits.
**PLEASE NOTE THAT IT WILL TAKE 10 BUSINESS DAYS TO RECEIVE YOUR PERMITS ONCE PAYMENT HAS BEEN RECEIVED**
Residential parking permits issued during the 2018-2020 permit cycle, which display the expiration date of April 2021, will be honored until September 30, 2021.
Please note that after September 30, 2021, the current Daily Visitor permit (orange color) will no longer be valid. Daily Visitor permits will be available for purchase online starting October 1, 2021.
**We have temporarily suspended requests for establishing or removing permit parking residential streets due to the current pandemic. For more information about how permit parking zones are established please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.**
Residential Large Non-Commercial Vehicle Large (LNCV) Parking Permits
Large Non-Commercial Vehicle (LNCV) parking is restricted in the City of Burbank. These vehicles, which are more commonly known as Recreational Vehicles (RVs), cannot be parked on Burbank streets except under limited circumstances to facilitate loading and unloading. Any non-commercial vehicle that exceeds 22 feet in length OR 8 feet in height OR 8 feet in width is considered a LNCV. LNCVs may park in Burbank as follows:
- An LNCV permit is required to park at all times.
- LNCVs can only park for 3 consecutive days (72 hours). After 3 days, they must be moved and cannot park on any city street for at least 2 days (48 hours).
- LNCVs can only park on city streets for 96 total days per year.
- No LNCV may park within 80 feet of any street intersection, regardless of whether a permit has been issued.
The City of Burbank offers 2 types of LNCV permits:
- A temporary 3-day (72 hour) permit is $6. After 3 days, LNCVs must be moved and cannot park on any city street for at least 2 days.
- An annual permit is $164. This permit allows the LNCV to park for the maximum 96 days per year. Those with an annual permit must still not park an LNCV longer than 3 consecutive days, after which the LNCV must be moved and cannot park on any city street for at least 2 days.
BUSINESS PARKING PERMITS FOR CITY PARKING FACILITIES:
- A new permit is $52 each month
- A day-use permit is $6
- Hang-tag permits let you park all day in any city parking facility shown on this map (PDF).
Business Valet Parking
A new valet application is $320
A renewal application is $160
Submit a valet application (PDF) at the address above.
Business Parking Permits on Permit-Only Residential Streets
Businesses must request permission to buy a permit to park on a residential permit-only street
Once approved, one permit is $25
Business Curb Parking
If you want 10 minute parking or 20 minute loading for your customers, the City can paint the curb in front of your business
Curb painting is $122 + $2.30 for each foot beyond 25 feet
If you want 20 or 30 minute parking for your customers, the City can install a sign in front of your business
Sign installation is $175 or $250 if a post is needed
If you want 1 hour or 2 hour parking for an entire block, signs will require businesses to submit a petition (PDF).