hero image

Waste Hauler Requirements

Waste Hauler Requirements

Two licenses and two permits are required in order to operate within the City of Burbank.

In addition to the Annual Private Hauler Contractor License and Permit, all private hauler contractors must obtain an annual business license from the License and Code Services Division of the Community Development Department.

  • Annual Private Hauler Contractor License and Permit Application (PDF)
  • Application Fees
    • Permit Fee:  $19.06
    • License Fee: $97.17 Per Vehicle (operating in the City of Burbank)
  • Outstanding Quarterly Reports or Fees (If applicable)
  • Customer List (Using this format ONLY) 
    • See the Customer List tab below for additional information 
  • All AB 341, AB 1826, and SB 1383 Customer Outreach
  • Download the Annual Private Hauler Contractor License and Permit Application (PDF).  Be sure to complete all sections in full, failure to do so will result in your license and permit being denied. 

    A small space for vehicles operating in the City of Burbank is provided on page 3 of the Annual Private Hauler Contractor License and Permit Application. If your company has more vehicles than space allows, please submit an additional vehicle list.

    If your company has any outstanding quarterly reports your Annual Private Hauler Contractor License and Permit will be denied. 

Your customer list must include the following for every Burbank customer*:
​​​*Customers may need to be listed more than once depending on their service type or number of bins. Please see examples given in the template

  • Customer Name
  • Street Address
  • Zip Code
  • Service Type
    • Dirty MRF - Mixed waste taken to a MRF for processing
    • Trash Only - Source separated trash, direct to landfill, not sorted at a Dirty MRF
    • Recycle Only - Source separated recycling, not mixed waste
    • Organics - Food waste or wood waste collection routes
    • C&D Roll-Off - Temporary roll-off bin for C&D debris
  • Service Days
    • M, T, W, Th, F, S, Su
  • Bin Size
  • Customers Compliant with AB 341
  • Customers Compliant with AB 1826
  • All AB 341 (Multi-Family Recycling) and AB1826 (Mandatory Commercial Organics) outreach must be submitted with your application or your Annual Private Hauler Contractor License and Permit may be denied.

    Send all documents and fees to:

    City of Burbank
    Burbank Recycle Center
    500 S Flower Street
    Burbank, CA 91502

    Please contact us at (818) 238-3900 if you have any questions or need assistance. 

quarterly report

Waste Haulers - Quarterly Report

All private hauler contractors in the City of Burbank must submit quarterly reports and fees pursuant to Burbank Municipal Code Section 4.2.111. Reports are due each quarter from permitted haulers regardless of whether business was conducted in Burbank during that time.  

The Private Hauler Quarterly Report (PDF) is now a fillable, printable, and savable PDF form.

Please fill out all the open fields and print a two-sided copy when submitting. 

Quarterly report and fee deadlines:

  • Quarter 1 (January - March) is due April 30

  • Quarter 2 (April - June) is due July 30

  • Quarter 3 (July - September) is due October 30

  • Quarter 4 (October - December) is due January 30

 Contact [email protected] for any questions or comments.