Permits Frequently Asked Questions

Permits - FAQs

I have several questions and I am not sure who to contact.

Call the Public Works Department at (818) 238-3915 or (818) 238-3950 and your inquiry will be directed accordingly.


Who can I contact about street parking in residential areas?

Contact Community Development to inquire about parking.


I want to build a fence, who do I need to speak with?

Contact the Building Department at (818) 238-5220 for all information regarding guidelines and restriction.


Can Public Works give me information regarding the location of my property line?

No, you will need to hire a license surveyor to determine the property lines.


What kind of information can I get from Public Works regarding my property?

Public Works can only provide information on lot size and easements locations.


I have comments, questions, concerns about trash pick-up, who can I contact?

Visit Trash & Recycling or call (818) 238-3800.


How can I obtain a dumpster?

Temporary dumpsters are available for rent through Trash Services.
For a large dumpster container permit contact us at (818) 238-3950 or visit our office.


I have a complaint about my neighbor who can I contact?

For issues regarding:


Do I need a permit to empty my pool on to the street?

 Yes, all water discharge requires a permit. You must us at (818) 238-3950 or visit our office to obtain a permit.


The trees in the parkway (sidewalk) need trimming, can I do it myself?

No, You must notify Burbank's Parkway Tree Services at (818) 238-5304 and they will take care of the problem.


Trees are uplifting my sidewalk, who can I notify?

Please contact Street & Sidewalk Maintenance at (818) 238-3800.


I want to redo my driveway, who do I need to contact?

If the driveway is on private property, call Building Department at (818) 238-5220.

If the affected area is on the sidewalk, including driveway approach, contact the us at Public Works at (818) 238-3950


I'm a contractor working on the city streets and I need to close a traffic lane and or an ally. Who do I need to contact?

Call Public Works at (818) 238-3915 and ask to speak to a traffic engineer for traffic control guidelines. You can also visit the Traffic section of the Online Counter to read the General Traffic Control Requirements.

150 North Third Street
Burbank, CA 91502
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.