Burbank PASS - Parks & Recreation
Burbank PASS Description
The Burbank Program, Activity, and Service Subsidy (PASS) Program provides Burbank residents in need of financial assistance the opportunity to engage and participate in Citywide services.
The applicant must be a Burbank Resident with valid proof of residency, including:
VALID PHOTO IDENTIFICATION
Valid photo driver's license, identification card, or passport
PROOF OF RESIDENCY
Current utility bill from Burbank Water & Power or SoCal Gas; or a verifiable residential rental/lease agreement. Further documentation may be required.
Burbank PASS - Income Qualifications
The applicant's gross annual household total income must not exceed the amounts listed in the chart below. Proof of household size and proof of income are required.
Annual Household Income Limits (FY 21/22)
Annual Income Limit
- Applications are accepted year-round and approved until funding is depleted.
- Renewal applications are accepted starting April 15, 2021.
- The subsidy allocation does not cover the entire cost of a class, activity, program, or service. Subsidy amounts vary from 40%-80% depending on the activity or service. Any balance due after the subsidy is applied is payable by the participant at the time of registration.
- Note: BurbankBus Senior and Disabled Transit Services ($1.00 per ride) are fully subsidized by PASS. *Applicants must meet the proper age or disability requirements.
- Applicants may receive a subsidy of up to $400 per eligible individual per fiscal year – with a limit of $1,200 per household. (see chart below)
- The main applicant may request a one-time transfer of up to $200 to a child(ren) from their allocation. Transfer requests are ONLY approved during the application process.
- The transferred amount may not be used for Child Care (i.e. Afterschool Daze Programs, Winter Daze, Spring Daze, or Summer Daze Camps).
- PASS participants are responsible for requesting subsidy for a class or activity prior to registration by submitting a Registration Request Form (PDF) to the PASS Administrator.
|Household Size||Subsidy Allocation|
|3 and above||$1,200|
Some programs are ineligible for subsidy. This includes, but is not limited to the following programs:
- Basic Utility Services already included in Burbank Water and Power's Lifeline Program and Project Share
- Building Permits and Fees
- Penalties and Fines
- Special Event Admissions
- Starlight Bowl Concerts
- Burbank Senior Activity Card
- Senior Day Trips
- Recreation Class Material Fees
- Tennis Classes
- Golf Classes
- Go! Party
- Facility Rentals