DIG Burbank - Parks & Recreation
DIG Burbank is a volunteer program that helps keep our parks beautiful. Volunteers pull weeds, mulch, plant, and pick up trash in Burbank parks.
DIG Burbank is great volunteer opportunity for kids, youth, and adults. We do not have an age minimum, though most volunteers are age 7+. All minors must be accompanied by an adult and need to fill out a minor release form to participate.* This form can be signed the day of the event.
*High school students do not need to be accompanied by an adult, but must submit a release form.
- Comfortable working outside
- Willing to get dirty
- Able to perform physical activities that may include walking, balancing, bending, and kneeling
- Work Gloves
- Small Weeding Tool (hammer, screwdriver, terra weeder, dirt ripper, etc.)
- Knee Pads
- Long pants/sleeves
- Closed-toed shoes
- Water and snacks
- Bring the whole group to one of our scheduled DIG Days, or
- Schedule a private DIG Day for your group (minimum of 10 volunteers)
Watch this video for some quick tips on how to pull weeds.