Please click here for our seasonal schedule (PDF).
DIG Burbank - Parks & Recreation
DIG Burbank has returned!
DIG Burbank is a volunteer program that helps keep our parks beautiful. Volunteers pull weeds, mulch, plant, and pick up trash in Burbank parks.
DIG Burbank is great volunteer opportunity for kids, youth, and adults. We do not have an age minimum, though most volunteers are age 7+. All minors must be accompanied by an adult and need to fill out a minor release form to participate.* This form can be signed the day of the event.
*High school students do not need to be accompanied by an adult, but must submit a release form.
Volunteers should be:
- Comfortable working outside
- Willing to get dirty
- Able to perform physical activities that may include walking, balancing, bending, and kneeling
Each month DIG Burbank hosts a scheduled DIG Day at one of our parks - you can sign up in advance here under the "Special Events" tab or show up day of!
We will provide trash bags and large tools (wheel barrows, shovels, rakes, etc). We recommend Volunteers bring:
- Work Gloves
- Small Weeding Tool (hammer, screwdriver, terra weeder, dirt ripper, etc.)
- Knee Pads
- Long pants/sleeves
- Closed-toed shoes
- Water and snacks
If you belong to a group (family, friends, scout troop, or organization) that wants to volunteer together, you can either:
- Bring a small group (3-5 people) to one of our scheduled DIG Days, or
- Schedule a private DIG Day for your group (minimum of 10 volunteers)
If your group is interested in scheduling a private DIG Day event, contact the Burbank Volunteer Program at (818) 238-5370.
How to dig
Watch this video for some quick tips on how to pull weeds.