Aquatics - Parks & Recreation
Welcome to Burbank Aquatics
Verdugo Aquatic Facility Maintenance ClosureWe would like to inform you that after a robust summer 2023 program season, the Verdugo Aquatic Facility will begin a much-needed pool maintenance project starting Saturday, August 19 through Friday, September 1. During this time, the Verdugo Aquatic Facility will be closed. For continued service, the McCambridge Pool located at 1515 N. Glenoaks Blvd, Burbank, will remain open during this period.
Please review the revised hours of operations below. We thank you for your understanding and patience and look forward to continuing to provide the very best in service to the public.
For questions, contact the Verdugo Aquatic Facility at 818.238.5391, or email BurbankAquatics@BurbankCA.gov.
Verdugo Aquatic Facility | Aug 19 - Sep 1
CLOSED for Annual Maintenance.
REOPEN Verdugo Aquatic Facility | September 2 - October 29
- Mon - Thu 5:30AM - 8:30PM (Closed 8:15AM - 9:00AM, 2:00PM - 4:00PM)
- Fri 5:30AM - 7:30PM (Closed 8:15AM - 9:00AM, 2:00PM - 4:00PM)
- Sat - Sun 7AM - 3PM (Closed 11AM - 12PM)
McCambridge Pool | Aug 19 - September 1
- Mon - Thu 5:30AM - 8:30PM (Closed 8:15AM - 9:00AM, 12:45PM - 2:00PM)
- Fri 5:30AM - 7:30PM (Closed 8:15AM - 9:00AM, 12:45PM - 2:00PM)
- Sat - Sun 7AM - 3PM (Closed 11AM - 12PM)
Verdugo Aquatic Facility
- Annual Facility Maintenance: Closed
- Saturday, August 19 - Friday, September 1.
- Monday, September 4 (Labor Day) | Open 10AM - 5PM
- Saturday, October 15 (Special Event) | No Lap Swim 11:30AM – Close
- Saturday, November 11 (Veteran’s Day) | Closed
- Thursday & Friday, November 23 & 24 (Thanksgiving) | Closed
- Sunday, December 10 (Special Event) | No Lap Swim 11:30AM – Close
- Monday, December 25 (Christmas Day) | Closed
- Monday, January 1 (New Years Day) | Closed
- Monday, January 15 (MLK Day) | Closed
- Monday, February 19 (Presidents’ Day) | Closed
- Closed every Sat & Sun during summer
- May 29 (Memorial Day) | Closed
- June 19 (Juneteenth) | Closed
- July 4 (Indepdence Day) | Closed
Refund Request Form Here
Please see below for specific program refund policies:
- No refunds/transfers for missed or cancelled reservations
- In the event of closure resutling from inclement weather, poor air quality closure, power outage, water chemistry or quality (AFR) closure participants will be issued a Free Swim Pass.
- A $10 refund processing fee will be assessed for each membership refund. A refund will not be issued for any membership with a remaining balance of the membership pass less than $10. Refunds on memberships are prorated based on the time/amount remaining on the unused portion of the membership.
- In the event of inclement weather, poor air quality closure, power outage, water chemistry or quality closure, all lap swim participants who purchased a single visit admission will be refunded. Membership holders will not be compensated.
- Membership holders will not be compensated for the scheduled Annual Verdugo Aquatic Facility Closure.
- Lap Swim Passes purchased prior to October 2020 are no longer refundable. For more information, please email BurbankAquatics@burbankca.gov.
- Classes cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances will be made- up. Makeup dates will be announced as necessary. If a make- up class is offered, a pro-rated refund will not be offered.
- All refunds will be assesed a $10 processing fee
- Refund requests must be received by Parks and Recreation staff a minimum of one business day prior to the second class meeting. No refund will be issued after the second class meeting.
- For classes/workshops lasting two weeks or less, refund requests must be received a minimum of five business days prior to the start date of the class/workshop. Material/supply fees are non-refundable.
- Cancellations before 14 days prior to the event date will be issued a full refund, minus a $15 application fee.
- Cancellations within 14 days of the event date will not be issued a refund, regardless of reason.
Available Aquatics Positions
Join the City of Burbank Aquatics Team!
No certifications? No problem! Please check out the Aquatics Tab at www.burbankparks.com for information and dates on our upcoming FREE American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Courses.
If interested in employment for Summer 2024, please apply online at www.BurbankCA.gov.
*All positions are required to work weekends and holidays*
For more information contact:
City of Burbank Management Services Department
Aquatics Office - Verdugo Aquatic Facility
3201 West Verdugo Avenue | (818) 238-5391
PASS Description on other pages
The Burbank Program, Activity, and Service Subsidy (PASS) Program provides Burbank residents, in need of financial assistance, the opportunity to engage and participate in Citywide services.
*detailed P&R listing available on the Eligibility List
- Aquatics Programs
- Recreation and Special Interest Classes
- Sports Programs
- Youth and Teen Programs
- Day Camps
- Afterschool Programs